Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Paige


Paige had her birthday on Jan. 18. I am feeling pretty good because I am only one week late in posting a birthday message. Paige is two years old! She has been acting like she is two for quite some time so we are glad to say she is officially in her terrible twos.


Paige is such a special little girl. Usually people in a family say "if Mom is happy everyone is happy." However, at our house the saying is "if Paige is happy everyone is happy." Paige is usually either really happy or really sad and it can change in the blink of an eye, or in Ty's case, the wrong look!


Despite all the tears that come to her eyes every day we love her unconditionally! Paige's laughter is so contagious. Her whole countenance glows when she is happy and laughing. It is so hard to get mad at her when she is playing, because you just look at her and have to smile no matter how much poop is in the bathtub.


Paige loves to follow Ty around and copy him. I find Ty running around the house with Paige on his heals all the time. If things get quiet I always know that I need to go check on them. Usually they are doing something they shouldn't. Paige is always the one to start doing the bad thing and then Ty quietly joins her. When I find them Ty is always quick to say it was Paigie that started it. He gets so excited to find her and join her doing something mischievous.

On Paige's birthday the Frederickson family came for church and dinner. We had dinner and opened presents and had a great time. She was really excited about her birthday cake. She has in fact been listening to Sydney talk about her "Ruff Ruff Cake" for three months now.

On Monday the Stevens family came for dinner. We had a really good time. The highlight of the night was the Inchworm Grandpa and Grandma Stevens gave her. All the kids had turns riding it. In fact, over the next couple of days Paige would get on for about 30 seconds and then tell Ty it was his turn. There will be no taking that gift back because of not sharing.

We love having Paige in our family. It would not be complete without her. I don't know what Cody would do without his little girl to love.

No comments: