Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall is in the Air

I have not seemed to have time to post on my blog lately. We have been working on lots of projects and with my three kids I just seem to be busy. At night when I have an opportunity to post I am always tired or something more urgent needs to get done. However, tonight I am not going to bed until I post something.


Cody had Friday off work. We have been working on the sprinklers in the backyard and decided that if we finished them on Thursday or Friday morning we would go up Farmington canyon and take a lunch to see the pretty leaves. We finished the sprinklers on Friday morning and then packed up and left.




It was beautiful. We went up on the mountain for a long time. It is a really good dirt road. However, we had to about drag Ty out of the car when we would stop because he thought he would fall down the mountain. We took some pictures of us. My favorite is that in a lot of them Ty is trying to look like he is having a great time, when in fact you can tell he is quite nervous and just wants to get it over with.




At the bottom of the canyon there was a pond where we stopped to eat lunch. We all had a really good time. I think Ty was pretty relieved when we were finally on paved road. We obviously need to take him to the mountains more.



To make sure we remembered family during our trip we did a few things in honor of certain members of my family. To remember dad, I took a picture out the window of the car. However, it wasn't in true dad style because I wasn't driving and Cody stopped the car. We also got a flat tire to remember Becky and Scott.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That sounds like fun. I wish we could've gone with you.

I'm glad you thought of us while getting a flat tire. According to Aubree we ALWAYS go to the tire store.